Your privacy on the Internet is important to us. SG Equipment Ltd complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1933 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change this policy. By continuing to use the website, you agree to be bound by the amended policy. You should check from time to time to see if the policy has changed.
WHERE DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. Telephone call or email) or when you buy or use our services and products.
- Information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the website, including the content you upload and the content you access
- Aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the website; and cookies, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (such as preferences on our website)
- Google Analytics Advertising features (Google Advertising cookies)
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by txt or email for this purpose)
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Another company within our group
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. Regulatory Authority)
- Any other person authorised by the act or another law (e.g. Law Enforcement Agency)
- Any other person authorised by you
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take the reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the websites (message boards/reviews) you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in a browser-related file on your computer’s hard drive when you use our website. Cookies are widely used on most major websites. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Google Analytics advertising features have been enabled on our website, and the features that are active are demographics and interests reporting. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer’s needs. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
We may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising that we believe may be of interest, based on that information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer by going into Ads settings, Ad settings for mobile apps, or any other available means, such as Google Analytics opt out for web https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.